At SEK Bucharest International our uniform is the most visible marketing brand of our School. As such, every student is a walking ambassador for their school and therefore should always wear the uniform with pride. It is in the interests of both students and the School that high standards are maintained. Our policy for school uniform is based on the notion that it:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the School
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging to the School
- Is practical and smart
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school
The school uniform is to be worn:
- to all functions at School and excursions organised by the School, unless specific instructions are given to the contrary
- when travelling to and from sporting events and overnight excursions
The School Uniform Office is located on the bottom floor and is open at the following times:
MONDAYS and WEDNESDAYS 8:30-9:00 and 15:00-15:30
You can schedule your uniform fitting using the calendar below:
You can place an order for the uniform online by completing the form below, or you can download it from here and bring the original copy to our Front Desk.
Hair should be neat and tidy and there should not be colouring or attention seeking haircuts.
Hair accessories should be discrete and should not include bright colours.
The wearing of jewellery is discouraged except for:
- A watch
- One pair of stud like earrings
- Medic-alert bracelets may be worn
During outdoor sporting activities, PE or playtime, children should remove all jewellery, e.g. watches, rings, earrings etc. The responsibility for the safe-keeping of jewellery rests with the student.
- Coloured nail polish is not to be worn.
- Fake tattoos are not to be worn.
- Excessive application of cosmetics is not appropriate, the appearance of an individual student must not ‘draw attention’.
THE ROLE OF PARENTS
We ask all parents to support the school uniform policy. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure that their child has the correct uniform and that it is clean and in good repair. A note is required from parents if a child is unable to wear correct uniform for the day. Teachers will notify parents if a child is continually out of the correct uniform.
Parents are to ensure that every single item of their child’s uniform is clearly marked with the child’s name. The School does not assume any responsibility for lost or stolen items. It remains the responsibility of every student to ensure that they look after their belongings.
It is important for students and parents to understand that despite any theme, we are conducting a normal school day. As such the appropriateness of dress is an issue and we do not wish to have any distractions from learning.
Pants and shorts shall be worn at the waist. Undergarments shall not be visible. Shorts, skirts and dresses must be at or a few centimetres above the knee. No crop tops.
For items of clothing or any adornment, there should be no:
- Advertisement of tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs
- Sexually suggestive messages
- Vulgar or profane messages
- Messages advocating violence